We always talk about Amazon account suspensions because you know, we are a reinstating service and we want to help! At Got Suspended Clients we think that “an investment in knowledge pays the best interest,” because of which we spare no effort to show you the Amazon reality from an objective perspective!
Today we will speak about product reviews! Do you know they are so important? Because they increase sellers’ reputation and image, show that Amazon is a transparent and legitimate marketplace to use, and help customers express their thoughts and opinions! Here’s a little spoiler: Amazon is obsessed with reviews and their legitimacy!
You see, sellers need to work and operate their business within certain limits. This is because Amazon always keeps an eye on them and never lets them do anything disobedient or wrong. But what is forbidden and what is not? Let’s figure that out!
- First of all, sellers are not allowed to post a review under their own product! This is a golden rule, and no one can go against it on Amazon!
- Logically, family members or employees of the seller can’t post a review of the seller’s or a competitor’s product.
- Moreover, sellers are obviously not allowed to leave reviews of their competitors’ products. If it was so easy to win the Amazon Buy Box, everyone would be there by now!
- Amazon suspends sellers who offer financial rewards, discounts, free products or other compensation in exchange for a review on their products. Here everything is fair, no fake reviews, no lies and fairy tales!
- Sellers can’t offer a refund or reimbursement after the buyer writes a positive review. Again, this is not fair and what’s more, it damages Amazon’s reputation! Amazon doesn’t want to become the platform of fake reviews and paid buyers!
- Never ask for review removals! You can either meet a customer who will report on you to Amazon, or you will get suspended because of Amazon catching you red-handed!
- Don’t use programs or software that “diverts negative reviews to be sent to them or to a different feedback mechanism while positive reviews are sent to Amazon.”
- As Amazon itself says, sellers can’t create a variation relationship between products with the aim of manipulating reviews and boosting a product’s star rating via review aggregation.
- Some sellers even insert a request for a positive Amazon review or an incentive into packaging or shipping box! If you’re asking for positive reviews, you will get punished, remember!
- You have probably thought about using your own buyer account to rate your products. Remember: this is not a good idea AT ALL! Amazon knows everything about you: your address, IP address, Wi-Fi, Internet connection, contact information and so forth!
What Happens if You Do the Don’ts
As we said, there’s nothing positive about doing the things that we mentioned above. Amazon is always serious when it comes to sanctions, and what’s more important, Amazon doesn’t wait until “the last straw!” This eCommerce marketplace just decides to suspend you and does that in a couple of second!
However, suspension is not the only sanction of Amazon. If you did something wrong and Amazon caught you red-handed, it will take immediate actions that include, but are not limited to:
- Immediate and permanent withdrawal of the seller’s selling privileges on Amazon and withholding of funds.
- The removal of all the product’s reviews and preventing the product from receiving future reviews or ratings.
- Permanent delisting of the product from Amazon.
- Legal action against the seller, including lawsuits and referral to civil and criminal enforcement authorities.
- Disclosing the seller’s name and other related information publicly.
Long story short, never fake reviews! This is the golden rule for reviews, and if you want to stay on Amazon longer than you really expect, you need to follow it! However, you may do everything right and still get suspended on Amazon: yes, that also happens! So don’t worry, suspensions happen even when you least expect them!
If you feel that your account needs defense and protection, contact us and we will bring your account back to life! You just need to contact us!