Unfortunately (or luckily) Amazon is not the marketplace where you can operate your business with the help of friends in high places. It’s a marketplace that truly values HONEST and lawful competition, where you should stand out with your efforts, professionalism and knowledge of Amazon’s policies. This means that if you want to succeed on the platform that is Amazon, you should understand how the system works, where you should start from and what you need to consider before working there.
As an Amazon appeal service that works with suspended sellers every day, we would like to show you how to start your selling career on Amazon without any risk or fear. To our regret, sellers are not educated enough on the policies that Amazon has established, especially when it comes to the anti-counterfeiting policy – one of Amazon’s central requirements.
“But I Don’t Sell Counterfeit!”
Well, first of all, you may be unaware of the products that you’re selling. Sadly, not every supplier operates their business above board, and sadly, you are not always capable of identifying rogue activities! This is why you’re never 100% guaranteed from suspensions, and that’s the most annoying thing about selling on Amazon!
Obviously, Amazon prohibits the sale of counterfeits on its platform. By analyzing the policy itself, you can understand that the following products are considered as counterfeit
- Pirated copies of products or content
- Products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured
- Products that infringe another party’s intellectual property rights
“Can I Sell Authentic Products But Still Get Suspended?”
Yes, you can! Unfortunately, selling authentic items does not guarantee safe business operations on Amazon: you are still in the suspension zone of Amazon. You see, everything is possible when you’re sourcing products from a third party: they can claim the products are authentic, but still sell you counterfeits, and so forth! So, always be careful and inspect the supplier before you start working with them!
How the Policy Affects You as a Seller
First of all, by opening an account on Amazon and selling there, you technically agree that:
- “The sale of counterfeit products is strictly prohibited.” This means that only 100% original and authentic products are allowed.
- “You may not sell any products that are not legal for sale, such as products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured.”
- “You must provide records about the authenticity of your products if Amazon requests that documentation.” Always have your paperwork ready, Amazon can request it any time! It can be invoices, letters of authorization from the supplier, and so forth…
Secondly, it may have a negative impact on your store. How?
- If customers notice counterfeits before Amazon (which is very rare,) you will have tons of negative reviews and feedback regarding your product. This will in turn worsen your Amazon account metrics, and deteriorate your situation! If your negative feedback rate is higher than it should be, you will simply get suspended and lose all your selling privileges.
- It will be more realistic when Amazon catches you red-handed before the customers even do. In this case, Amazon will immediately suspend or terminate your Amazon selling account, remove your selling privileges, suspend accounts that are related to yours, and “dispose of any inauthentic products in their fulfillment centers at your expense.”
- We all know that sellers choose Amazon because of opportunities and high income that the platform offers, and Amazon knows that too! This is why selling inauthentic or counterfeit products will directly affect the money you earn. Amazon says that they do not pay sellers until they are fully confident that their buyers have received the authentic products that they initially planned to receive. What’s more, Amazon will withhold payments if they figure out that you “sell inauthentic goods, commit fraud, or engage in other illegal activity.”
- You may receive an Amazon IP claim from the brand whose intellectual property rights you have violated. This will also trigger an Amazon suspension and leave you with nothing…
As an appeal service that reinstates accounts every single day, we can certainly say that sellers mostly face inauthentic and IP suspensions. This means that Amazon is extremely careful when it comes to the demonstrated products! Just make sure what you’re selling is authentic, lawful and original, and that the supplier who provides you with them is authorized directly by the brand. This way, you will avoid suspensions, provide good customer service and achieve all the plans you set for yourself.
For reinstating opportunities, contact us at Got Suspended Clients!