Alcohol is considered to be one of the most treacherous items for selling on Amazon since Amazon is very strict when it comes to alcoholic beverages. Alcohol heads the list of restricted products along with jewelry, sexual wellness, collectible coins, and many others. The specifics of applying for selling alcohol on Amazon are more rigorous compared to other products.
How to Please Amazon
First of all, you should have a premises license at hand, which has a Designated Premises Supervisor attached to it. You have to provide Amazon with copies of these documents. You can get this license by applying to the licensing office of your country. Keep in mind that the most crucial part of the process of submitting your application is the protection of children from harm. Since you cannot guess the age of a customer who is buying your products, as opposed to a physical store, you should try to be very careful with these conditions to ensure that you are not selling alcohol to children or underaged individuals. Otherwise, you will not only have a legal issue but will also get suspended by Amazon and it is going to be too complicated to reinstate your seller account without an Amazon account reinstatement service like Got Suspended Clients.
We’ve talked about a lot of requirements that Amazon has for various prohibited items. Alcohol has a different set of requirements, which we will list below:
- The product must be new. Do not, under any circumstances, sell aged wine or cognac, or vintage bottles containing aged alcoholic beverages. It’s a surefire way to suspension.
- Each of the products should have a valid GTIN (Global Trade Item Number), which is registered and associated with the product GTIN exemption or is enrolled in the Brand Registry Program.
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV) values should be on all of your product pages. The buyer needs to know what percentage of alcohol they will be consuming!
- All the products should be labeled in the language of the website.
As a rule, each region and state have their own documentation requirements for selling alcoholic products on Amazon; however, here are the most important documents that you must provide:
- Personal and premises alcohol license
- Vat Information
- Alcohol License
We Bring out the Big Guns
By selling alcoholic products on Amazon, you are playing with fire, literally, since alcohol is flammable, and so is selling it! You have to adhere to all the rules, or you will risk losing your seller privileges and get yourself stuck in the sophisticated process of your Amazon suspension reinstatement. Amazon has very strict criteria for selling Alcohol products on its platform.
More and more sellers are getting suspended by selling alcohol products every day. Fortunately, Amazon reinstatement services like Got Suspended Clients are open to help you with your Amazon account reinstatement and teach you all the nuances by finding a nexus between your operation and account suspension.