Selling on Amazon is for those who are ready to face challenges and who will do everything possible in order to have a successful outcome. As you can already understand, working as a seller on Amazon is not so easy, especially for those who want to win the Buy Box, or want to have a large customer base.
Working as an Amazon seller is a great responsibility. What’s more, you should have a well-planned strategy in order not to fail while selling on this platform. That’s why every single seller has to decide under which selling model they want to operate their Amazon store, and how they want to do it. And guess what? More than 70% of Amazon sellers choose private label!
What is a Private Label?
This is when you, as an Amazon seller, rebrand and rename already manufactured goods to your name. This means that you should first of all find Amazon private label products that don’t have a name and are not specified. And voila, you just have to put your name and your logo on these products, and they are free to go!
Why Private Label?
That’s actually a very interesting question! You see, despite all those risks that the private label method gives, sellers choose it all over again. Why? Because it is profitable! You see, more than half of those who use private-label get more than $5000 per month! What’s more, almost every seller who uses this method feels that the efforts have paid off after only six months of selling private label!
Tips for Private Labelers
As you already know, you should find the right to sell, and only then start selling private label products on Amazon! However, this is a road fraught with danger if you’re not equipped enough. This is why our Amazon appeal service will help you safely grow your Amazon private label business!
What You Should Do:
- Selling on Amazon is not that easy! You should, first of all, do a thorough research, and find the right products: on Amazon, everything matters, so do it properly!
- Contact the manufacturer, discuss your idea, price, and deadlines so that you know how to plan your strategy.
- When your products are ready, start creating your listings on Amazon. Remember, listing is the calling card of your products! Make sure you create it as perfect as it is possible!
- Now that you have both products and their listings, you can start promoting your private label product! Make sure you work either with professionals or you explore all the avenues of promoting, and only then start the actual process. As you may already understand, every single mistake can lead to Amazon suspensions, so be careful!
- Remember when we were talking about the competition on Amazon? Well, even private label products are competitive, so make sure you check your opponents. What are they offering? How do they structure your listings?
- If you feel that the pressure is too high while selling your private label products alone, you can adopt Amazon FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon. This is a program designed by Amazon for its sellers, who don’t manage to do all at once. Amazon FBA is a great opportunity for you to focus on more important things than packing or preparing the products, for example on marketing!
Risks of Selling Private Label Products
There is always a risk to any benefit, we all know that! And selling a private label product is not an exception. Here are the risks that you will most probably face while selling your private label products on Amazon:
You Will Need Some Extra Money!
To begin with, opening a business that specializes in private label is the most expensive across all the selling methods. What’s more, this selling model is all about having large capital and investing in your business. If you are not ready to invest (and therefore, risk the money that you invested) then choose another selling method. Make sure you take this fact into account before actually opening a private label store.
Are You Ready for Legalities?
Private label products will make you more exposed to “legal complaints,” such as trademark infringements, intellectual property violations, and so forth. If you want to operate a legitimate business on Amazon, you’d better find the right products or hire a very good lawyer!
Suspensions Hunt Sellers All The Time!
What’s more, operating a private label store may lead to Amazon account suspensions. How? There are different scenarios to that! For example, Amazon can decide to conduct a mini “investigation” to check your supply chain. As a result, Amazon can find out that there are certain products that you had no right to brand as your own. Or maybe you run out of products, but there’s still a pending order! What most sellers do is they go to a retail store, find a generic product that looks like the one in their listings, put their logo on it and send the product straight to the customer. Spoiler alert: Amazon will notice! Customer service is Amazon’s thing, do you really want to lie about that? Of course, not!
Yes, selling private label on Amazon can be not only fruitful but also fun and interesting. Amazon is the platform that will give your private label product the opportunity to become popular. We should be honest with you: private label products on Amazon are selling like hotcakes, but you should never forget about the risks!
This platform is famous not only for the best customer service but also for the worst “seller service.” This means that you should not only withstand the competition and jealous sellers, but also the anger of the platform itself! If you follow all the tips that our appeal specialists have provided, the chances of you getting suspended are relatively low.
However, if you got suspended while operating a private label store, you can always contact us for professional help. Everything has a bad side, even private label: on Amazon, many sellers don’t believe in reinstatements, but we do! Our high success rate will show our professionalism, and our readiness to help you! If you feel that something is wrong, we’re always here, 24/7!